This is the blog. Click here to go to the Zenopus Archives website.

Note: Many older posts on this blog are missing images, but can be viewed at the corresponding page in the Internet Archive

FEATURED POST

The Forgotten Smugglers' Cave: Index of Posts

An index of posts describing the Forgotten Smugglers' Cave, an adventure for Holmes Basic characters levels 2-4.                    ...

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

GROGTALK on Holmes Basic

 


GROGTALK on Twitter:
"During Grogcon22 Dan and James ran a Holmes basic dwarven forge game loosely based on the Hobbit. 
What if Bilbo didn’t go with the dwarves. Perhaps they would have had to face a Balrog!"

A recent episode the long-running podcast GROGTALK was devoted to discussing the Holmes Basic rules, and their experiences using it to run a game at GrogCon last fall.

You can find the it here:

Episode 112 – Playing Holmes Basic at Grogcon 22

The portion of the show dedicated to the Holmes Basic talk gets started at 40:28.

This audio recording is extracted from an even longer live video recording on the GROGTALK channel on YT. In this, the Holmes talk starts at about 2:30:08.

And as a follow-up to their Holmes Basic game, they've invited me to come on their show this Saturday morning as a guest. This will be broadcast live on their YT channel starting at 8 EST, and I should be on around 10 AM. 

5 comments:

  1. Right on. I've been a regular listener of GrogTalk the last couple years, but I've missed something like a half-dozen episodes (just listened to the Lew Pulsipher interview today, and that was from a while ago).

    You being on the show gives me a reason to tune in this Saturday. Have fun!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! And I just saw your ad for Sunny Rolls the Dice on your sidebar. That's a pretty good one (and one of my 8 year old daughter's favorite books...she's the one that showed it to me).
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read 2 of the 4 Sunny books & highly recommend them, not just for kids, but for adults who were kids in the '70s/'80s. The stories, while fictionalized, draw from author Jennifer Holm's childhood. Sunny Rolls the Dice was based on her own experiences as a D&D player.

      Delete
    2. My daughter has read all four (my son has read three). I agree: they’re quite enjoyable for adults, too.

      Delete