This is the blog. Click here to go to the Zenopus Archives website.

Note: Many older posts on this blog are missing images, but can be viewed at the corresponding page in the Internet Archive

FEATURED POST

The Forgotten Smugglers' Cave: Index of Posts

An index of posts describing the Forgotten Smugglers' Cave, an adventure for Holmes Basic characters levels 2-4.                    ...

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Monster Face Dungeon

A dungeon map that I drew today. As an experiment the 'rock' (blank space) is filled with the kind of monster faces that I so frequently scribble in margins:

Click for a Close-Up View

11 comments:

  1. I love that negative space fill. A successful experiment indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks .... fantastic. A great idea for a map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome, very evocative like DCC, but with much more interesting maps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would make a nice rug. if only my wife would allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's brilliant and lovely and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for the encouraging words. I'm working on another one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has got to be one of the coolest-looking dungeon maps I've ever seen. It must have taken forever to draw the infill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean! I drew the whole thing over the course of one day. It probably took a few hours total. I drew the infill directly with pen - no pencil first. When I start drawing faces and patterns like that I sort of enter a zone where I can just draw endlessly without thinking about it.

      Delete
  8. Do I save this jpg in the D&D Art folder, or the D&D Map folder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I am facing the same issue with posting this over at DF - art subforum or map subforum?

      Delete